May 28, 2015
Privacy & Security
CSB understands how important privacy and security are to you not only in your banking but also in your everyday life. We do our utmost to maintain the highest levels of both to protect your information.
Fraud Management for Debit Cards
Protecting you from unauthorized use of your debit card is a top priority at Community State Bank. To that end, we are partnering with Fiserv, our debit card administrator, to implement a fraud monitoring system, called Debit Card Fraud Management. This service will help monitor your bank account for fraudulent debit card activity. If suspicious activity is detected on the account associated with your debit card (i.e. out-of-state purchases or uncharacteristically high charges), you will be contacted by Community State Bank or by a Fiserv fraud specialist, calling on our behalf, to verify those transactions.
We would like to ensure that we can reach you promptly if fraudulent activity is suspected. If at any time your contact information changes, please notify your personal banker, teller or Customer Care at 515-331-3100. As always, we keep your personal information strictly confidential. Please remember that we will NOT ask for your debit card number or personal identification number (PIN) to verify your identity. Remember to use caution when providing your debit card information, and contact us immediately if you suspect your debit card has been stolen or compromised.
At CSB, we know the importance of staying abreast of the latest scam warnings. Protect yourself from this activity by checking this page of our website for recent warnings.
Children's Privacy Protection Act
CSB joins other financial institutions in protecting the rights and well being of children per the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act.
At CSB, we know you need to feel your financial information is secure from theft. We use the maximum level of security offered through our systems to make sure your accounts are safe.
Identity Theft Protection
CSB offers tools and services to help protect you from identity theft.
MasterCard® Secure Code™
Take advantage of MasterCard® SecureCode™ - a free security service to help protect against unauthorized use of your MasterCard® debit card online.
Learn to protect yourself from financial fraud with these helpful tips!
Some of the old rules are your best protection.
Know your Credit Score
Help protect yourself from Identity Theft
PO Box 740241
Atlanta, GA 30374-0241
PO Box 2002
Allen, TX 75013
PO Box 390
Springfield, PA 19064-0390
Fraudulent Check Scam
If you think you may have become victimized by a fraudulent check scam, contact the following agencies:
- Contact the bank who issued the check directly to report receipt of the check and to verify authenticity. Do not use the telephone number provided on the check – this number is probably not associated with the bank, but rather with the scam artist. To locate a bank’s mailing address, you can check the FDIC’s Web site at: http://www.fdic.gov/
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC): by telephone at 1-877-FTC-HELP or file an electronic complaint via their Internet site at http://www.ftc.gov
- The Iowa Attorney General at: http://www.state.ia.us/government/ag/index.html
- For Internet Scams - Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Internet Fraud Complaint Center: http://www.ic3.gov
- Mail-based scams-U.S. Postal Inspector Service at http://www.usps.com